The trust has been in existence since 1993. After 27 years, it is fitting that we look to the future of the Trust and how to continue delivering on the original intent of the Trust Deed, in today’s environment.
Growing and enhancing our community asset for the sustainable benefit of the Trust’s beneficiaries now and in the future.
- To responsibly and diligently manage the Waitomo Energy Services Customer Trust’s investment in and ownership of The Lines Company Ltd.
- To protect and enhance the value of the investment and to apply it for the benefit of Customers as described in the Trust Deed.
- To help The Lines Company Limited in meeting its goal of being a successful promoter and provider of efficient and reliable electricity distribution service throughout the District.
- To meet any other purpose and object described in Clause 3 of the Trust Deed dated 25th March 1993 and any subsequent amendment.
- To maximise shareholder and consumer value for the Trust beneficiaries through Trust ownership of The Lines Company Ltd. Whanake ake ngā hua o TLC.
- To be an efficient energy enabler. Whakamana tāngata i te ao pungao.
- To optimise the value of the return on the Trust’s shareholding. Hāpai ake ngā hua mō ngā kaiwhaipainga.
- To review the Trust Deed and seek advice and mandate for any amendment deemed to be appropriate. Whakamahia ngā arotake kia hāpai ai te mana o TLC.
- To implement effective succession planning for Trustees and Directors. Tirohia ki mua.
- To develop effective communications with our stakeholders. Whakahono tētehi ki tētehi.