The primary duties of the Trust are to:
- Act as a diligent shareholder and in particular monitor the performance of the directors of the Company and exercise the rights of shareholders for the benefit of the Trust Fund or Customers.
- Encourage and facilitate TLC in meeting its objective of being a successful business.
- Promote and encourage an efficient and reliable electricity distribution system available throughout the District.
The trustees discharge their duties through a range of annual and periodic tasks which include:
- Liaising with, reviewing and commenting on the Company’s annual Statement of Corporate Intent (SCI)
- Reviewing the Company’s performance
- Reviewing the Directors performance
- Reviewing the Directors Fees
- Planning for succession of Directors and Trustees
- Holding an annual meeting of WESCT beneficiaries
- Keeping up to date with electricity industry issues – which may include attending Energy Trust New Zealand conferences once or twice a year